Wednesday, February 27, 2013

My Top 10 movies of 2012- Part 2


5. Skyfall

I know a LOT of people hated this movie, but I really liked it. Now before you start rolling your eyes, let me just clarify why I liked this one. The fact that it actually showed us a more personal side of James Bond, a little insight into his past life before he became 007 really intrigued me. I loved the concept and it showed that even without all the fancy gadgets, Bond can still pull off some serious shit and save the day. Thats how I saw it, true there wasnt a LOT of action going on like in other Bond movies but at least it didnt follow the same old typical pattern of where he forms an alliance with a *bond* girl, kicks some ass and saves the day *yawn*. And of course I love the song by Adele too :p


4. The Avengers

This movie was so much fun, all the action and the excitement of seeing some of the greatest superheros getting together despite their differences to save the world, precious right :p My favorite character was Black widow, what a surprise that one. Love Scarlett Johanson , she is smoking hot and a great actress and she looks fabulous when she kicks some evil butts :p.


3. Django Unchained

 Quentin Tarantino has done it again, this guy is a genius. Loved loved loved Leonardo DiCaprio in it, he is so good at what he does. Too bad he keeps getting snubbed by the Academy, someone surely has a serious beef against him there. That being said, Leo might have given one of his bets performances in this movie after Blood Diamond. A western film which captures the adventurous story about a man named Django(Jamie Foxx) who teams up with Dr King Schultz( Christopher Waltz) to rescue his wife from a plantation owner Calvin Candie (Leonardo Dicaprio). The movie shows about the level of brutality the black slaves had to endure before Civil War and how one man rises against the system to get back what he has lost. This movie has so much going on, from brilliant performances to some really great scenes, too over the top at some points, yes but that's Tarantino's trade mark. DO WATCH IT.



2. The Hobbit

Damn this was a tough one, being one of the biggest fans of Lord of the Rings trilogy (books and the movies) and The Hobbit too, I came this close to picking it as my number 1 movie of 2012 but then I didnt. You will find out why soon. I have been following The Hobbit ever since Peter Jackson announced on his face book page that he has gottne the rights of the movie, (yeah Im that crazy). So its safe to say that i was the first in line to see it when the movie released, I was a bi nervous seeing this , mind you, because I knew after having experienced LOTR, I couldnt help but miss all the other characters and if I would be able to like Bilbo as much as I loved Frodo. Well the good thing is I loved this movie, from the start I was gripped especially because of the 3D effects, wow, there were a few scenes which were just breathtaking. And I loved how Peter Jackson started a little touch of LOTR in the beginning of the movie *nostalgia*. Some ppl complained about the movie being too log but then Peter Jackson always makes sure not to leave out the tiny little details which make a movie great. I love the whole franchise and I cannot wait to see the second part which releases in December this year.



1. The Dark Knight Rises

Need I say more, umm I think the name says it all. The biggest movie of 2012 and what a masterpiece. Christopher Nolan has set the bar extremely high for any future filmmakers to take up this comic character and make a movie on him and come any close to this trilogy. Christian Bale, what an amazing actor, he owned the character, his flawless performance and his sultry looks *sigh*. This has been a pretty good year for Anne Hatheway, she gave Cat woman a new meaning, I had no idea she would be this good playing that role, i had my doubts but she was fabulous and lastly Michael Caine, I dont think Batman would be Batman without Alfred, he brought that balance in his life which his parents left. Lastly Tom Hardy as Bane, a lot of people kept comparing him to Heath Ledger, sheesh people, stop comparing the two villains, they dont have anything in common, This movie is worth every single penny, if u have to watch a movie, ANY movie, watch this one. Amazing special effects, and get ready to be blown away by the performances. 


Image Courtesy Google



2 comments:

  1. im a big LOTR fan! i read the books then watched the movies and fell inlove with them, i want to read hobbit first and then watch the movie, but im so excited about it, might just watch it lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do read The Hobbit too, u will love it. Its basically considered a children's book tbh, but it is still so good. jrr Tolkien ahh <3

      Delete