Sunday, March 3, 2013

Book Review: The Six Sacred Stones

I will be burning this book right after Im done writing this review. As long as I can remember, it never took me this long to finish any book but this one did it for me, I would open this book, read a page and then snap it shut because it required an intellectual level of a teaspoon for someone to have to actually comprehend what Matthew Reilly is trying to explain to his readers. SO much God Damned repetition of the same stuff,over and over and over again. Not to forget the absurdity of the nicknames that you will come across in this book for instance who names someone Pooh bear, Princess, Wizard, Huntsman. In a particular scene where these so called heroes are going o rescue Wizard, the only image that kept popping in my head was a bunch of puppies going to rescue a guy named Wizard who evidently cant perform magic to save his life. To top it off, exclamation like Wham, boom, blast, whiff, whoosh, what the hell am I reading, a comic strip? There are twins who instantly give u an impression of the Weasleys twins(Harry Potter reference). this book could have been finished in around 200 pages but I have to give it to Matthew Reilly, this guy has a talent, Oh yeah, how to unnecessary prolong a book. The hero who has been out of action since 18 months can be seen fleeing from life threatening situations without even a single scratch. I get it, its fiction but seriously What the hell am I reading? never thats all I have to say, never am I going to pick up anything with Matthew Reilly written on it. 

Rating: 1/5

No comments:

Post a Comment